The Global Logistics Traffic Coordinator (LTC) will manage all freight forwarding and trucking activities. This position is responsible for coordinating daily transportation services for domestics and international shipments. The team member will operate in a rapidly expanding, high energy and fast pace environment.
- Supports Freight Forwarding Manager in managing activities with airlines, air and ocean freight forwarders, trucking companies, ground operations, warehouse operations and Global Logistics Specialists
- Schedules and monitors transportation-related activities, including pickups and deliveries daily
- Works with various internal and external parties while managing international export schedules
- Ensures correct, on time, undamaged and low-cost shipping requirements are met for inbound and outbound shipments
- Maintains adequate driver coverage when required for weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Manages international air and ocean movements
- Reports any discrepancies and delays while working with various freight forwarders and logistics vendors to ensure on-time arrival
- Keeping record of shipments in conjunction with reviewing AWB’s for discrepancies
- Develop and maintain reliable carriers for timely performance
- Maintains knowledge of freight forwarding, domestics and international shipping regulations
- Suggest and implement corrective actions accordingly, as issues arise
- Prepare accurate shipping reports for upper management daily
- Identifies opportunities to enhance Global Logistics Freight Forwarding practices and implements consistent processes across the organization
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Global Logistics Freight Forwarding Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in software skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Detail oriented: attention to accuracy in this role is vital.
- Must have a very strong sense of responsibility for completing tasks and achieving goals.
- Ability to apply knowledge of quality; resolve practical operational problems and deal with a variety of situations in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to self-motivate, work as a team player, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Continuous improvement.
- Generally requires a minimum of one year or more in logistics industry
- Understanding of business processes and operational workflows
- Understanding of logistics related terminology
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc. is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb. com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99. 9% issue free orders