Safety: The Safety and Security Manger will be responsible for partnering with management to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. The Safety and Security Manager will also be responsible for the planning and execution of all training programs in the assigned warehouse and office location. This includes all hourly training and temporary warehouse team members, as well as exempts. The Safety and Security Manager must be able to lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our team members. The Safety and Security Manager must have the capability of both helping with the designing of training processes and related material, as well as facilitate the adult learning process with participants. A successful Safety and Security Manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with management and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. The Safety and Security Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
Security: The Safety and Security Manager will identify and eliminate sources of theft through data analysis, comprehensive process knowledge, and investigative techniques. The position will effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection through design of physical infrastructure and processes in the Distribution Center. This position will supervise the security staff on a daily basis. The Safety and Security Manger will partner with the Operational team as well as cross functional teams throughout the organization as necessary.
- Mange the warehouse safety effort and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e. lockout/tag out, confined space, fall protection, powered industrial vehicles and company policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Conduct inspections of the facility, machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulatory compliance.
- Implement and administer hazard control methods and safety procedures.
- Implement and maintain warehouse management safety accountability program.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation Claims Management program is administered in an effective and compliant manner in conjunction with the Corporate Safety Manager and Human Resources department including incident investigations, data analysis and recurrence prevention program and procedures.
- Respond and provide assistance in all emergency situations. Provide first aid to team members as needed and when feasible.
- Develop a method to determine and prove all required Safety training is effective and maintain all Safety training records as required by company policy and law. Manager electronic filing system of all safety documents.
- Work with Human Resources on team members leaving and returning from a Workers Compensation leave of absence.
- Review restrictions of injured team members and work with Human Resources and Operations department to determine if they can successfully return to work.
- Report and/or review findings from incident investigations and facility inspections.
- Plan and implement strategies for team member training, development and retention. Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of training and development.
- Monitor, measure and report on team member training and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timeframes.
- Ensure safety training and all newly hired Company team members, agency employees, contractors, visitors and transferred employees (within the Company or within the facility) receive the appropriate training prior to beginning work.
- Spend at least 50% of the time on the warehouse floor/grounds scanning warehouse floor for potential hazards, speaking with team members and working with department managers to resolve potential safety hazards.
- Implement and lead a Safety Committee that will be a conduit for communication and awareness, including participating in Safety related projects.
- Coordinate with Corporate Safety Manager and management the preparation of materials and evidence for use in hearings, litigation, and insurance claim cases.
- Purchase and maintain the safety related inventory items, such as first aid supplies, drug & alcohol testing supplies and PPE needed for the facility.
- Conduct emergency response drills on an annual basis, report results to management, and implement identified corrective actions
- Safety incentive programs by compiling department results on a monthly basis and communicating results electronically and in writing. Provide recognition to department team members though monthly, quarterly, semi and annual celebrations.
- Use various communication tools and methods to create safety awareness, i.e. Safety Marque, iHerb Newsletter, CCTV, bulletin and electronic boards, etc.
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of Loss Prevention within the company
- Ability to operate a surveillance system, review video, and partner with Human Resources and Operations on investigations.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Possess a working knowledge of access control systems including data entry and badge printing
- Supervise and coach a team of contract Security Officers and ensure that they are performing according to post orders.
- Ability to manage team of security personnel on daily operations issues
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- The ability to manage complex data streams to identify meaningful, actionable trends
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - oriented on results
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones
- Investigate potential theft issues
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plan
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Company Handbook and Safety Policies
- Maintain good working relationship with HR and Operations Department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; strong presentation skills for training required.
- Strong analytical skills’ excellent verbal and written communications skills’ proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization; experience in a multi-shift operation a plus.
- Work hours will be flexible to support multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs.
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Previous experience in camera monitoring software preferred
- Previous experience in access control systems preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Proficient computer skills.
Generally requires minimum of five (5) years safety, risk management or related experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment. Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety Environment and Health, Loss Prevention or related field preferred or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. OSHA 30-hour certification a plus.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.