The IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of large, medium, and small projects as well as initiatives with a varying degree of complexity. The IT Project Manager will be responsible for reporting the progress and status of the projects for overall project management and risk management to gain input from IT Leadership. The IT Project Manager will collaborate with the Product Management, Development, DevOps and Network/Infrastructure teams in the delivery of projects. The IT Project Manager will be responsible for initial project planning, estimating, and scheduling as well as management of the delivery of project results. The IT Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of project deliverables and escalation of issues to the appropriate IT manager, leader, or steering team as needed. The IT Project Manager will collaborate with other managers on the assignment of project resources, the quality of deliverable content, and on the escalation of resource performance issues.
- Manages and leads all IT Operations projects by individual and group
- Manage the overall performance and delivery of large, cross-functional projects; including scope, schedule, risk and budget
- Determine needed resources and skills requirements, collaborate with managers and appropriately assign resources to each project.
- Ensures projects have defined scope of work and deadline, prioritized, scheduled, and communicated to the individuals with appropriate resource allocation
- Manages weekly updates from each team member and ensure time lines are on tract and obstacles are identified and reported to management
- Provides clear and consistent communication of project status both internally to IT and with Business Stakeholders
- Ensures each project has all documentation and artifacts - project plans, agendas, action items list, deliverables and ensure adherence to company Project Management Standards
- Ability to manage a high degree of change in a fast paced, complex and demanding environment
- Establishes and sustains strong on-going relationships with IT and business partners
- Drives projects to deliver business results
- Help to resolve project issues and conflicts, so that on time, on budget, and value delivery metrics can be maximized
- Act as liaison between assigned resources, IT Management, and customer/stakeholder to ensure the success of each project
- Own Change Management process for IT Operations Team and act as representative to PMO
- Design, develop, implement and continuously improve IT processes
- Successfully implement both Waterfall and Agile (including Scrum and Kanban) principles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Focus on delivering solutions (people, process, and technology) that provide strong business value
- Ability to successfully manage competing deadlines and stakeholder priorities
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to achieve results without necessarily having a reporting relationship
- Strong negotiator with proven scope management experience
- Experience with following tools such as Team Foundation Services (TFS), Asana, MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Office
- Basic working knowledge of infrastructure technologies around Networking, Server, Storage, Data Center, cabling, cloud, and Virtualization
- Experience working with IT resources including DevOps Engineers, Network Admin, System Support, Application support, etc.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Operations a plus
- Experience with large eCommerce environment a plus
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT project management or similar field
- 5+ years’ experience in organizational skills, meeting facilitation, time management, multi-tasking and setting priorities for self and for teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred. PMP Preferred.