THIS POSITION CAN WORK OUT OF THE IRVINE, CA OR PASADENA, CA OFFICE.
The International Tax Manager is responsible for the Company’s international tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for duties and taxes (i.e. VAT, HST, GST and PST), non-U.S. income taxes and international compliance reporting, as well as month end closing process activities related to international taxes.
- Responsible for completion of international duties & taxes and income tax returns, including all related analysis and support for multiple entities
- Responsible for tax research and planning projects and initiatives to identify tax implications of proposed transactions and business plans
- Responsible for monitoring impact of changes in tax laws to ensure compliance obligations
- Responsible for audits by international tax authorities
- Responsible for accounting for international taxes, including the reconciliation of tax collection and remittance to tax authorities
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements between multiple entities
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for international taxes, ensuring that there are no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses
- Oversee monthly close process for multiple entities
- Review of assigned tasks to tax accountant(s)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- In-depth knowledge of international tax law for US-based companies.
- Detailed orientated
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Generally requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience with large U.S. multinational corporate tax structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Tax preferred
- CPA preferred
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.