iHerb is a multi-channel retailer of vitamins, nutrition, supplements and natural products. With over 30,000 products on our website and distribution to over 150 countries we are disrupting the E-Commerce industry with our low costs and quick delivery.
Located in the business capital of Orange County, iHerb-Technology is less than 15 minutes from the beautiful California coast. We are a thriving company, only looking for the best talent. We are looking for dedicated employees to help expand our business.
Ready for a challenge! iHerb is looking to add a DevOps Engineer reporting on our DevOps team. As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for more than just automating processes. We work closely with more than a dozen software development teams advising them how to best configure their production deployments as well as enforcing best practices and security. We support a 24/7 billion dollar ecommerce website that is hosted around the world in over 13 cloud data centers, across 3 cloud providers and over 30 Kubernetes clusters. From automation to deployment and monitoring we use the best tools for the job. Some of the tools we use are the following: Ansible, Terraform, Harness, Rancher, AWS, GCP, Aliyun, EKS, GKE and Kubernetes. You won't be stuck in a dark room writing code all day, you will be talking to developers, troubleshooting issues, building and managing all things Kubernetes and always working in the cloud.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Working knowledge of applications servers like SOLR, Redis, Docker, RabbitMQ
- Strong automation skills
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience writing shell scripts, PHP and other scripting languages
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- The ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Experience in working with VMWare 5.0 and up
- Experience in working with load balancers and Global Traffic Managers
- Experience in working with DNS servers
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai)
- 5-7 years of experience working in Software Development
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or a related field preferred and/or years of experience
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Having an Agile mindset and being accountable for my role in the business
- Producing quality work error free
- Having the opportunity to collaborate with peers
- Open and honest communication with the best interests of the business in mind
- Full gym onsite (yoga classes & strength training offered bi-weekly),
- Beach volleyball court(don’t worry about the sand, we have showers in our locker rooms)
- Arcade/Game room (feeling drained, check out one of our several gaming platforms)
- Fresh Fruit & Snacks served daily
- Food Trucks(once a week)
- 401k matching at 4%
- Cost effective benefits
- Being able to use sound judgement and reasoning skills in order to resolve, identify or escalate issues
- In environments that are essential to my job that may require me to sit, stand, walk, reach and move about the facility
- Successfully in an environment that has moderate noise
- In an office setting
- Extended hours as required