The Kubernetes DevOps Engineer builds and maintains all Kubernetes aspects of the company’s production E-Commerce & WMS infrastructure. The Kubernetes DevOps engineer will be contributing to the implementation of systems like Docker/Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, SOLR and Redis. The Kubernetes DevOps Engineer will be responsible for improving and maintaining website performance, monitoring website traffic, and be primary resource focused on new Linux/Unix initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Kubernetes and Docker.
- Design, implement, manage, and orchestrate micro service deployments on Kubernetes.
- Work with the development teams on the CI/CD process related to Kubernetes deployments.
- Perform Kubernetes cluster builds, upgrades, and configuration.
- Work with Kubernetes clusters in multiple clouds and bare metal environments
- Troubleshoot issues related to our Kubernetes clusters.
- Participate in research, poc for 3rd party integrations with Kubernetes, and testing new Kubernetes features and technologies.
- Work with Ansible and Terraform to build, scale, and upgrade Kubernetes clusters.
- Keep current on the latest trends, features, and technologies related to Kubernetes.
- Configure and maintain Kubernetes monitoring and logging.
- On call duties as needed
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Ansible,Terraform,..
- Manages company website in private cloud, hosted cloud web services (AWS, Aliyun)
- Publishes software upgrades and configuration management to company systems
- Works directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Write tools to automate common infrastructure tasks.
- Assist teams in building the test and production infrastructure needed to deploy applications.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Working knowledge of applications servers like SOLR, Redis, Docker, RabbitMQ
- Strong automation skills
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience writing shell scripts, PHP and other scripting languages
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Experience in working with VMWare 5.0 and up
- Experience in working with load balancers and Global Traffic Managers
- Experience in working with DNS servers
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai)
- Generally requires 5-7 years of experience working in Software Development
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field preferred and/or years of experience