Under limited supervision, The NOC Engineer will proactively monitor and administer all monitoring systems ensuring maximum uptime and system availability to the business. The Network Operations Technician will provide 1st level engineering support to all technical groups including (DevOps, systems, network, DB and development) by responding to, investigating and resolving, or assisting in the resolution of, in a timely manner, issues reported via the Service Desk and/or Automated Monitoring and Alerting Systems such as PRTG. The Network Operations Engineer will assist the DevOps and infrastructure teams in day-to-day administrative tasks and projects. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures by doing the following duties.
- Provide 1st Level Engineering and Administrative support for DevOps, network, and MS Windows-based infrastructure and systems.
- Assist Technology Operations Engineering staff in day-to-day engineering and administrative duties.
- Assist Technology Operations Engineering staff in implementations, upgrades and patches of systems.
- Work as part of the NOC team in support of business objectives, troubleshooting issues and outages, program implementations and client requests.
- Manage trouble ticket queue, adhering to ITIL change and incident management processes.
- Create and maintain documentation for functional areas of responsibility including play books for other staff members of the NOC team.
- Assist in internal customer networking issues.
- Assist Information Security team in meeting all security compliance regulations and requirements. Includes documentation, log management and responding to audit requests.
- Provide general office IT support as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience working with internal and external monitoring systems such as PRTG, site 24/7 and others
- Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify system malfunctions and operations problems
- Detailed working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012) based systems.
- Familiarity with CatchPoint, KeyNote, Site24x7 or similar is necessary.
- Detailed working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP and related common protocols, including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, FTP/S, SMTP, HTTP/S, Telnet, NTP and SSH
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Exposure to private and public cloud services like VMware and AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years of IT experience.
Associates Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Information Science and Microsoft Certification preferred.