Screens, interviews, and recommends prospective candidates for employment for entry-level and experienced information technology technical positions. Determines optimum recruitment method to develop and maintain a highly qualified candidate pool. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Knowledgeable in IT field and terminology. Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Source, evaluate, and review potential IT candidates utilizing cold calls, job boards, social networking and internal database, etc.
- Source and screening potential IT candidates for contract, contract-to-hire and permanent openings
- Interview prospective IT candidates via phone/in person to assess skill set, work history, and salary requirements
- Responsible for processing and contacting qualified candidates who respond to iHerb via phone, email or web
- Recruiter will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong pipeline of qualified IT talent to fill current and future needs
- The recruiter will resolve any applicant issues quickly and efficiently to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Generate leads and market intelligence to enhance IT department growth efforts. Maintain relationships with candidates to gain industry knowledge and obtain referrals and new business opportunities
- Educate candidates on company hiring process
- Negotiate with candidates, extend offers, negotiate compensation, facilitate the placement of candidates and solicit referrals of other top talent in the area
- Update and track candidates in the ATS
- Fulfills the role of a Human Resources representative with an emphasis in employee relations. Other HR duties will handled by this position as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires strong IT knowledge and background
- Must be familiar with IT recruiting techniques that are being used by large IT companies
- Requires good oral communication skills to communicate effectively with employees and management
- Requires concentration, alertness, and attention to detail
- Requires the ability to work with others under minimal supervision
- Must be able to comprehend occupational safety and health regulations, other provincial and federal regulations and company practices and procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to use sound judgment
- Must be able to work with others and be a team player
- Must be able to read and write in the English language
- Must present a courteous, efficient and professional demeanor, even under stressful situations
- Must be familiar with software, hardware, and network technologies such as, Microsoft .NET Framework, SQL Server, Java, web development, Cisco Networks, and Mobile Devices
- Generally requires a minimum of five (5) or more years’ experience in technical recruiting within the Information Technology field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Communication or any relevant field highly preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.