We are looking to hire a Product Owner to participate in the creation of new products and features from the idea stage to launch for our global E-Commerce website. The Product Owner will be the liaison between different stakeholders to help create user stories and functional specifications to support user processes. The Product Owner is ultimately responsible for product functionality and usability and is able to communicate efficiently and effectively with engineer teams to make sure requirements are met
- Gather and document both business and technical requirements via phone and in-person meetings with business partners
- Formulate and define project assumptions, objectives and scope based on customer needs and thorough understanding of business and technical requirements
- Prioritize and document product requirements, user stories and designs for feature enhancements for existing and new application modules while considering the needs of existing customers, competitive market offerings and our overall company strategy.
- Maintain and groom product backlog insuring user stories are well formed with acceptance criteria.
- Take an active role in working with development team(s) to insure defined user stories are reflected in their technical design as projects are broken down into development sprints.
- Take an active role in the estimation, sprint planning, daily scrum, and retrospective meetings.
- Communicate and coordinate with constituents on proposed solutions, project status and timeline for delivery.
- Deliver internal and external product training on new feature enhancements or modules.
- Comprehensive understanding of CRM business processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well versed in e-commerce/web driven companies and understands how to meet customer expectations
- Ability to multitask and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Strong understanding working in Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) environment
- Strong understanding of UX/UI requirements
- Wire framing basic requirements, mock up the general direction
- Customer first mentality with the knowledge to work with internal groups to make their websites more user friendly
- Excellent written/verbal communication and must work well with others
- Experience with global (US/China/Russia/Japan/Korea) e-commerce companies
- Experience implementing/integrating CRM platforms(preferably Salesforce)
- Generally Required Four (4) to Seven (7) years of Product Ownership within an E-commerce setting
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. A Computer Science degree is highly preferred