The Lead UI/UX designer is responsible for enhancing iHerb’s customers experience on our industry leading, global e-commerce site through design and maintenance. We are looking for a highly motivated UI/UX guru with a strong understanding of online shopping across multiple platforms including desktop, tablet and mobile. Through a combination of drive, data & creativity aligned with company wide business goals this individual must design and develop a simple interface that provides the customer with the best possible shopping experience.
- Experience leading the design of an international e-commerce platform
- Lead our design team while also partnering effectively with the rest of the company to enhance site functions and user flow optimization
- Use multiple front end languages to enhance responsive web design
- Study the interaction between our systems & users
- Push pixels to make sure your designs are worthy of being seen
- Use knowledge of user-centered design principles to give customers the best shopping experience
- Access data to design and refine intuitive and highly functional flows across all platforms
- Act as an ambassador by presenting and communicating the creative vision and business thinking behind concepts in a coherent and inspiring manner. Be a user experience evangelist.
- Align how our design strategy impacts our customers & business goals.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in all areas of UX
- Reference industry best practices but know when to break the rules
- Monitor relevant emerging trends and technologies
- Meet and exceed in the delivery of key project goals.
- Build, mentor and lead the UX team
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business partners and other technology teams
- Define and maintain processes for the team to deliver work on-time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of how to use data to measure results
- Deep knowledge of the global digital device landscape
- Deep knowledge of web and mobile design techniques
- Deep knowledge and experience of user and market research
- Passion for design and an eye for quality, taste, style, etc.
- Appropriately balance need for efficiency and speed
- Experience in agile/scrum software delivery practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and collaboration skills
- Significant technical expertise, business sense and partnership with multiple departments is required.
- Proficient at gathering both internal and external data and turn it into decision making tools
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment that runs in an agile manner
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a leadership position
- 5-7 years designing user experiences and interaction design for web & mobile applications
- Experience in e-commerce preferred
- International experience a plus
- Software development experience is preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, or Information Science required