The Kubernetes engineer will provide Kubernetes engineering experience to the DevOps team. This role will require extensive experience with Kubernetes to help support iHerb’s DevOps team with all Kubernetes clusters and deployments. This role will be a part of the DevOps team.
- Support SME’s in Kubernetes and Docker
- Assist in coordination of micro service deployments on Kubernetes.
- Work with the development teams on the CI/CD process related to Kubernetes deployments.
- Assist in the performance of Kubernetes cluster builds, upgrades, and configuration.
- Work with Kubernetes clusters in multiple clouds and bare metal environments
- Troubleshoot issues related to our Kubernetes clusters.
- Participate in research, poc for 3rd party integrations with Kubernetes, and testing new Kubernetes features and technologies.
- Work with Ansible and Terraform to build, scale, and upgrade Kubernetes clusters.
- Keep current on the latest trends, features, and technologies related to Kubernetes.
- Configure and maintain Kubernetes monitoring and logging.
- On call duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- General experience building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in the cloud
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Course level Kubernetes experience
- Ability to learn new tools, technologies, programs and concepts quickly
- Working knowledge of Ansible and Terraform
- Understanding of CI/CD and how that integrates with DevOps and Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of analyzing web traffic and identifying problems and unusual trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Experience working with high traffic websites, updating, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Strong knowledge of system architecture, best practices and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of design and implementation of distributed systems (SOA, Micro Services, Docker, …)
- Understanding of and ability to communicate system architecture and design principles
- Knowledge of source control systems
- Accustomed with agile methodologies
- Understanding of debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Familiar with E-Commerce
- Generally requires a minimum of (1) year of production Kubernetes experience in the cloud, and three (3) to five (5) years of experience with DevOps/Software Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field preferred and/or years of experience