Under general supervision, the Senior Buyer is responsible for selecting, negotiating, procuring, promoting and developing products in assigned categories. This role is the third step in the Buying progression (after Buyer) and is responsible for large volume and highly visible accounts. In addition, Senior Buyer may also be responsible for directing, coordinating, mentoring and overseeing activities of Jr. Buyers and Purchasing Coordinators.
- Source and negotiate with new vendors to secure and determine optimal product, pricing, delivery and terms
- Compose and execute quote requests and contractual agreements
- Adhere to new vendor policies and secure vendor certifications
- Issue and expedite purchase orders, contracts, modifications and back orders
- Ensure in-stock position, strong sell-through, appropriate margin and turn for applicable category
- Develop and coordinate marketing co-op and promotional opportunities
- Provide necessary product and vendor information to web, inventory control, marketing, operations, and accounting
- Track and evaluate market trends for designated area of procurement
- Create and maintain supplier and product database
- Benchmark competitor’s stats
- Solve and answer customer concerns
- Calculate and uphold cost and price mark ups
- Lead, resolve and document quality control issues with suppliers
- Assist and resolve Accounting and Receiving issues
- Anticipate and determine Marketing forecasts
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety, business ethics, and standards of conduct
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate, successful proven negotiating and project management skills
- Strong analytical, data management, decision making abilities
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional manner with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Strong understanding of product cost and retail pricing concepts
- Great attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, problem solve and prioritize with awareness of deadlines
- Strong MS Office skills: Word, Excel (v-lookup & formula input), PowerPoint
- WMS, EDI, NetSuite experience a plus
- Generally requires a minimum of four (4) years buying experience, preferably in a retail and/or e-commerce environment. Natural Products experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.