Overview: iDE is a global development organization that co-creates with foundations, governments, individuals, for-profits, and nonprofits to develop lasting solutions to poverty. We design and deliver market-based solutions in agriculture and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) in 10 countries across Asia, Africa, and Central America. Much more than a collection of technologies and field offices, we are a globally integrated ecosystem of over 1,000 staff, passionate about innovation and entrepreneurism.
The bottom line is improving the lives of our clients: the rural farmers and small businesses that are among the world’s poorest. The impact we report is rooted in reality and the data is readily available to anyone. This is our method of ensuring that the investments—in money and in time—made by our donors, the rural entrepreneurs we are working with, the customers they are serving, and our staff are having real impact.
The Fund Development Department is responsible for securing funding for the organization from bilateral and multilateral institutions, high net worth individuals, corporate donors and foundations. The department also works closely with the Communications team on direct mail, email fundraising outreach, engagement events, and major end-of-year appeals.
iDE is seeking a qualified, capable and hard-working individual to work at the headquarters office in Denver, Colorado. This individual will primarily support the Fund Development team with prospect development and research, data management and integration, event building, and outreach for donor engagement opportunities, but some flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the organization as a whole.
This is an exciting opportunity that involves getting to know the inner workings of a dynamic international development NGO!
List of Duties may include the following:
- Research existing and potential donors. This will include reviewing, vetting and disseminating relevant information to staff;
- Provide support in preparing concept notes and proposals, including writing, formatting, condensing, editing, etc.;
- Support planning for staff and donor fundraising trips;
- Support reporting to donors;
- Support knowledge management activities, including data entry and organization in Salesforce;
- Other support functions may include designing communications for individual donors, supporting event planning, support preparation of materials for the board of directors, etc.
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Skilled in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing, editing and formatting skills
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Experience conducting internet research
- Self-motivated, capable of multitasking, and a team player
- Enthusiastic with a sincere interest in the goals of the organization
Time commitment (hrs/wk): 12-20 hours
Anticipated length of engagement (weeks, months): minimum 3 months (preferably longer)
This is an unpaid position.