At iDE, we are inspired by entrepreneurs in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Working with our social enterprises, small businesses, farmers, and multinational businesses, we create opportunity for some of the poorest people on the planet. As a leader in market-based development, we believe in the power of business to fight poverty. We are proud of our successes to date, which include reaching over 33 million people in the developing world with products or services. Water pumps, drip irrigation kits, seeds, and fertilizer have transformed life for millions of rural farmers. Additionally, we have sold— never given away—nearly a million water filters and latrines, creating tremendous health and livelihood benefits. Our new challenge: To reach 40 million people by 2021. It’s an achievable goal, and one that our global team is working toward.
We are looking for a professional who loves database work, is mission driven, and is truly passionate about technology. At essence, the perfect Salesforce Database Manager:
- Is resourceful and flexible. Someone who often teaches themselves how to do something. A person who searches blogs, user forums, help guides, etc. and is constantly learning and thinking innovatively. A person who is willing to grow and change as our organization and team changes. The use of our CRM system within our development team is always expanding, and we are looking for a person who can grow with it
- Has strong communication and training skills. This role is “user facing.” This person needs to understand what a user is trying to do and reach out to them at their level. The more the person in this position understands the business needs of users, the more successful our database will be.
- Understands the principles and strategies in philanthropy and nonprofit accounting.
- Has experience moving projects forward rather than just responding to crises. While keeping things running smoothly is important, we want our database to evolve with the organization. It is important that this person sees opportunities for growth and understands how to make those changes happen.
- Experience working within and developing processes and systems. We are a fast-paced organization and so we need someone who can ground us adhering to the foundational systems that allow us to quickly and accurately report out, project ahead, and move forward on new prospects.
- Has strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Data Integrity
- Conduct audits of existing data and perform cleanup
- Reconciliation with finance system and instructions from iDE’s fundraising policies and procedures.
- Manage Salesforce integrations with external sites
- Periodic donation reconciliation between database and finance systems.
- Document Systems and Processes
- Design and manage development database workflows, including all interactions with external systems (website and email systems)
- Data Entry and Acknowledgement
- Manage gift entry and processing
- Acknowledge gifts per IRS regulations
- Record keeping for audit purposes
- Revise acknowledgement letter quarterly
- Custom reports per ad hoc requests
- Lead data clean-up and gathering for monthly/quarterly/annual reports for leadership/board
- Build/maintain Salesforce dashboards
- Maintain master prospect list in Salesforce, and ensure relationship managers are accurately logging prospects, notes, and action items
Overall Fundraising Support
- Donor prospecting:
- Add new donors and prospects to database and doing wealth screening, basic research, and qualification.
- Review travel schedules (fundraising team, executive team, GI, etc.) and conference lists and research potential prospects/donors to meet with
- Support iDE’s UK office in tracking of gifts and donors
- Support database-related needs for external public appeal campaigns, including meeting with relationship managers for annual donors and communications/marketing to pull lists and track appeals
- Maintain documentation of overall fundraising systems and processes
- Scan charitable ranking sites to ensure iDE’s information is up to date
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 1 year of Salesforce experience is required, database management experience preferred.
- Admin or other Salesforce certification(s) preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is also often required to travel to international locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week is required.
- Equipment used: all office equipment
- Access stairs, elevator