Job Title: Associate, Global Operations
Department: Global Operations
Reports To: Director, Global Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: July - August 2020
The Global Operations (Global Ops) Department is responsible for excellence in operational and financial performance of Country Offices and their Portfolio of projects, in partnership with Country Directors and their teams. The Global Ops Associate supports a portfolio of country program operations and project management under the direction of Global Ops Director. This person also engages with HQ departments, iDE Canada, and iDE UK as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Country Portfolio Backstopping
Global Ops Associate will be assigned to support specific country portfolios/programs. Portfolios may switch Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- General communications:
- Review emails, prioritize tasks, and coordinate solutions with Global Ops Director/VP
- Engage with relevant country office point person to update on priorities and ensure that all project and country office management tasks are progressing on schedule
- Participate in calls with country level operations staff and/or Country Directors
- Program reporting and project management:
- Provide project start up and project close down support
- Support the drafting and review of subcontracts, sub agreements, and/or consultancy agreements
- Track upcoming deliverable report deadlines and share with country programs to meet contractual deadlines and compliance
- Work with country programs to review and edit reports and other deliverables
- Track donor reporting, with more direct reporting responsibilities for select projects, as needed for a country portfolio
- Review procurement and payment requests for external consultants, vendors, and subcontracts
- Track donor/prime invoices and payments.
- Research donor policies to address contract questions, ensure compliance, and manage risk
- Assist in maintaining iDE systems and serve as knowledge management resource, including:
- Salesforce data entry, monitoring, and reporting
- Filing and organizing project documents on Google Drive
- Verifying project records
- Represent iDE at external events, conferences, and client meetings
- Translate documents (if applicable)
- International travel to countries for project start up or close down as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Fact gathering, writing, and review for iDE internal and Board reporting.
- Prepare content and update Global Ops internal website.
- Draft project management tools/templates and organizational process/guidance documents.
- Provide input to Global Ops content for HQ monthly staff meetings.
- Minimum one year of experience in non-profit administration, grant management and/or project management required. Experience or understanding of requirements of US and/or non-US donor agencies (USAID, USDA, EC, IFAD, UN orgs, World Bank, etc.) preferred.
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial, and results-oriented, with experience working in fast-paced dynamic teams.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; cross-cultural communication skills required.
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong team skills: able to work collaboratively with senior staff, consultants, donors, local governmental agencies, and other experts in a multicultural, multilingual environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google’s G-Suite is required. Salesforce experience preferred.
- B.A/B.S required
- Fluency in English required; intermediate to advanced language proficiency - including ability to review/edit written documents and participate in professional meetings - in at least one other language from our countries of operation (Spanish, French, Portugese) required.
- Experience living or working in low-income countries preferred
LANGUAGE/MATHEMATICAL AND REASONING SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is also often required to travel to international locations, and must possess a valid passport at all times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Equipment used: all office equipment
- Access stairs, elevator
- International Travel
- Variable Work Hours/Shifts
iDE takes pride in our talented and diverse workforce. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.