Chief of Party, iDE Bangladesh
iDE is an international NGO with over 30 years of experience in designing and delivering market-based anti-poverty programs in 10 countries. iDE is headquartered in Denver, Colorado USA and operating in 11 countries around the world. iDE has been working in Bangladesh since 1984, and now maintains an active presence in 27 Districts and 123 Upazilas on a wide variety of thematic areas including Food Security, Nutrition, WASH, Agriculture, Market Systems Development, and Women’s Economic Empowerment. iDE Bangladesh is supported by USAID, SIDA, Unicef, DFID, EC, and other multilateral donors. We are a world leader in making markets work for the poor as well as the longest established market development specialist NGO in Bangladesh. iDE believes that markets can be a powerful force for improving smallholder prosperity by creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households.
iDE is seeking applications from qualified candidates for Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year US$19 million USAID-funded Feed the Future Agricultural Growth Activity in Bangladesh. The purpose of the activity is to support the Government of Bangladesh’s food security objectives through a market systems approach focused on in-depth private sector engagement. The COP will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, with frequent travel to the field.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead technical direction and vision
- Skillfully manage a top-performing team of professionals
- Ensure successful start-up, implementation and close-out of all project activities
- Champion inclusive markets systems, private sector linkages, and SME development
- Ultimately responsible for management of financial and administrative aspects of the project, such as procurement, sub-contracts, accounting, IT, M&E, logistics, human resources, transportation, administration, and security coordination
- Monitor internal systems and procedures ensuring efficient and proper use of resources and continual collaborating, learning, and adapting.
- Advanced degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- 10 years relevant leadership or senior management experience, including USAID projects
- Ability to think innovatively
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to work collaboratively and to foster a cooperative environment with peers in other iDE country/regional units
- Proven ability to develop and manage financial management information systems
- Excellent speaking, writing, and oral communication skills in English.
- Preference for knowledge of Bengali and/or another local dialect.
- Experience with Human Centered Design and Design Thinking preferred
- Experience in Bangladesh or in South Asia is strongly preferred.
To apply | Applicants may apply below.