Grants & Compliance Manager, iDE Bangladesh
iDE is an international NGO with over 30 years of experience in designing and delivering market-based anti-poverty programs in 10 countries. iDE is headquartered in Denver, Colorado USA and operating in 11 countries around the world, including Bangladesh. In Bangladesh, iDE has been working since 1984, and now maintains an active presence in 27 Districts and 123 Upazilas on a wide variety of thematic areas including Food Security, Nutrition, WASH, Agriculture, Market Systems Development, Women Economic Empowerment. iDE Bangladesh is supported by USAID, SIDA, Unicef, DFID, the European Commission and other multilateral donors working in the country. We are a world leader in making markets work for the poor as well as the longest established market development specialist NGO in Bangladesh. iDE believes that markets can be a powerful force for improving smallholder prosperity by creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households.
iDE is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the Grants and Compliance Manager position for an anticipated five-year US$19 million USAID-funded Feed the Future Agricultural Growth Activity in Bangladesh. The purpose of the activity is to support the Government of Bangladesh’s food security objectives and leverage a market systems approach focused on in-depth private sector engagement. The Grants and Compliance Manager will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, with frequent travel to the field.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a highly innovative grants program, providing strategic direction and acting as primary point of contact on all grant management and compliance issues
- Manage full sub-grants process, including creating solicitations, designing the application process, negotiating contracts, disbursing funds, providing grant management assistance, and overseeing the grants management system.
- Support field staff in grants management including contractual obligations and reporting requirements.Establish and maintain strong relationships with subgrantees and partners.
- Coordinate with sub-grantees, project partners, iDE Bangladesh’s senior management team, and iDE’s global finance and operations departments to ensure compliance with USAID.Liaise with HQ on grants and compliance issues, contract conditions, modifications, and clarifications.Review, communicate, and monitor compliance with donor requirements related to staffing, purchasing, asset management, and reporting.
- Ensure the timely reporting to senior management of any identified compliance risks. Perform additional duties as needed.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting, required. Professional qualification in accounting (ACCA, CPA or equivalent), preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant work experience with NGOs, of which a minimum three (3) years should be in USAID finance and compliance.
- Experience managing USAID and/or other donor grant awards Auditing experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in building capacity and providing training and technical assistance
- Proven ability to be an effective supervisor of staff of varying levels of responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to work collaboratively and to foster a cooperative environment with peers in other iDE country/regional units
- Proven ability to develop and manage financial management information systems
- Excellent speaking, writing, and oral communication skills in English; Bengali and/or knowledge of another local dialect is preferred
- Experience in Bangladesh or in South Asia is strongly preferred
- Availability for frequent travel to the field