MASTER QC EVALUATOR
We are seeking an experienced QC Technician to meticulously evaluate HD, UHD and 4K assets for technical integrity for distribution on various media platforms. We are a video post production facility that has been serving the broadcast, cable and digital media markets for over twenty years. We specialize in editorial, sound mixing, digital distribution, encoding, closed captioning, DVD/Blu Ray, etc. Located in midtown Manhattan, our global clientele expect and receive the highest quality production, support and delivery.
- Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
- Individual will perform file QC using various playback programs (Iris Pro QC, Clipster, Quicktime, Final Cut, Premiere, etc.)
- Visual QC testing of compressed video material.
- Audible QC testing of encoded 5.1 and 2.0 audio material
- Writing clear and concise evaluation reports noting all technical anomalies detected during QC
- Dropping files into watch folders, sorting, renaming, uploading to delivery portals
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skills
- AA degree in A/V technology, television production or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
- Experience with multiple file format wrappers and codecs
- Experience with material shot in UHD or 4K is preferred
- Working knowledge of both OSX and Windows.
- Master source quality control experience is preferred.
- Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of audio, video, and film.
- Video editing experience a plus but not required.
- Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software, and player irregularities.
- Individual must be detail-oriented, organized.
- Individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video, and film impairments and artifacts.
- Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet hard deadlines.
- Individual must possess the ability to make frequent subjective decisions on a daily basis including, but not limited to, determining the severity rating for technical issues detected during QC.
- Must be able to work nights and or weekends as needed to meet project deadlines.
If you have a keen eye for detail and are a well organized individual possessing the above qualifications, then we'd like to meet with you! We offer a competitive salary and benefits. EOE M/F/D/V
Please submit resume.