International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Proposal Development Specialist (DfID, The Global Fund)
Department/Location: Vienna, Va
Technical Point of Contact: Home Office Project Manager
Type: Short/Long-term (STTA)
IBTCI is currently seeking candidates for Proposal Development Specialist with extensive experience working with or for the UK Department for International Development (DfID) and/or The Global Fund (TGF) in order to increase our competitiveness. The consultant would provide advisory services, training, and technical assistance on DFID/TGF contracts for IBTCI staff involved in developing proposals, including members of IBTCI’s Business Development team, Global Health Practice, and others. S/he will review tender documents and provide feedback to improve IBTCI’s competitiveness, share intel related to DFID/TGF priorities and the funding landscape, and conduct formal trainings for IBTCI staff as needed. The consultancy will be flexible to allow for both ad hoc advisory services and more intensive assistance and review on live DFID/TGF bids.
The proposal development specialist will have proven expertise and demonstrated leadership in procurement of DfID/TGF contracts, and demonstrated success with DfID/TGF tenders.
This is a remote consultancy. While the consultant will be working mostly with DC-based staff, she/he can be located anywhere.
Using your related technical skills; Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
· Support development of prime and partner tenders, inclusive but not limited to technical requirements, management and staffing, and value for money in close collaboration with core tender team;
· Provide on call technical assistance and advisory services for core proposal teams;
· Develop tender guidance for prime and partners in collaboration with proposal teams to support a competitive bid for ongoing and planned new business opportunities;
· Review prime and partner tenders, providing feedback at various points throughout the process;
· Ensure prime & partner tender is responsive to the solicitation and its amendments;
· Complete other tender supporting documents, as outlined in the solicitation and agreed upon with the core proposal team. This may include items such as: executive summary, management and staffing plan, value for money sections, etc.;
· Advise on successful approaches for presenting the cost proposal in alignment with the solicitation requirements;
· Finalize tender package for submission in accordance with the solicitation guidelines; and
· Other tasks, as assigned and agreed upon with the core proposal team related to the development of the tender
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong experience in proposal development process for DfID/TGF, international development, and M&E;
· Ability to support formative research in order to develop country- and sector specific proposals.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
· This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
· This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
· Demonstrated experience in one or more of the sectors mentioned above;
· Demonstrated experience leading and/or supporting research teams;
· Demonstrated experience working on international projects;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
The Proposal Development Specialist must hold at least an advanced degree in a relevant field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position does not require international travel.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.