What we're looking for
We are looking for a front-end web developer to join us in creating interfaces for enterprise level e-commerce and marketing clients. Our ideal candidate has a passion for the work they produce, a drive to grow their knowledge through code-reviews and industry research, and the ability to solution and communicate technical challenges. You will work closely with a team of strategists, designers, and developers to produce online experiences that are user-focused, fully-tested, well-documented, performant, and written with reuse and maintainability in mind.
Note: we’re only pursuing candidates with existing paperwork to legally work in Canada and are available to work on site at our downtown Vancouver office.
What you’ll do
- Write clean semantic code, emphasizing performance and usability.
- Identify reusable patterns by writing and leveraging component-based code.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional design, UX, development, and strategy teams.
- Stay up to date on current and future front-end web development technologies, specifications, and frameworks and make recommendations on when they are appropriate to use.
- Perform cross-device QA testing and patching to support multiple browsers, screen sizes, and device types.
- Execute other development tasks as defined from time to time.
Who we're looking for
- Have a degree in computer science, diploma from a technical college in web development, or related work experience (2+ years).
- Have a solid understanding of modern front-end development techniques (progressive enhancement, mobile-first development) and cross-browser/platform challenges and solutions.
- Are experienced with component-based or “atomic design” principles.
- Are experienced with MVC, including templating languages (Twig, Liquid, or similar).
- Knowledgeable about code versioning with Git and comfortable developing work on branches and submitting pull-requests.
- Can comfortably use and configure the CMS for projects you develop (WordPress, Shopify, or similar).
- Experienced with agile working sprints and daily project stand-ups.
- Able to strategize rapidly and are comfortable presenting your knowledge and ideas to others.
- Willing to negotiate an “ideal solution” that finds compromises between requirements, budget, user experience, and best practices.
- Openly share your passion for development in both your coding ability and personality–we love a good lunch & learn.
- Actively contribute to ways we can improve the lives of our clients and team.
- Proficient in configuring linters & code standardizers in your IDE of choice (Sublime Text, Atom, VS Code).
- Familiar with basic terminal commands and script tools (Git, NPM, Grunt, or similar).
- Experience with project tracking tools as a core part of your workflow (Trello, JIRA, FogBugz, or similar).