Job Title: Java Backend Developer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: 12+ months contract
Strong Competencies In:
- API interface design
- Database design, best practices, efficiency, scale.
- Solutions architecture with a focus on scalability and high-availability.
- Security best practices.
- Strong communication skills - capable of articulating technical solutions to a less technical group.
- Self-starting characteristics: take initiative to get things done, unblock themselves and help solve problems without distinctive prompting.
- Team player - works well with others, empathy for other engineers, low-ego attitude.
- Design and implement REST APIs for mobile and web clients including our payment devices, web dashboard, and 3rd party apps
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Own your merchant-facing services /features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly available services
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- Strong coding skills; Java is our language of choice
- Familiarity with MySQL
- Experience with API design
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self driven
Nice to have:
- Interest in working with multiple parts of the stack
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Python scripting
- Exposure to Ember.js or Netty
- Experience with Android,or iOS platforms
- Data analysis experience