Top 3 Skills
1) Strong practical experience leading Cloud/DevOps Infrastructure initiatives for a large enterprise organization: Ability to explain practical experience with past large enterprise Cloud Migration Projects to include the architecture they built and explain to some level of detail the different components across the entire IT ecosystem they were engaged and involved with bringing together to achieve the desired outcomes.
2) Strong, practical experience with AWS or similar Cloud Platform (AWS preferred, but would consider Azure, Google, etc). The client will want someone with the ability to speak to the migration approaches they proceeded with and why they choose the direction they did.
3) Strong history of Development Experience (full stack development ) with different development frameworks, system architectures. Someone with the ability to develop when required, including strong ability with how to use version control, how to test and deploy code in a reliable way and has built something for AWS. The client need someone that has a strong command of development to act as the SME when needed to effectively lead and guide these developers.
60% of the time will be spent leading a team of 3-4 Full Stack Developers to prepare for moving apps to Cloud
Infra as code templates - Working with CLI and other CLI tools
Python, Bash, Bit Bucket as source code and Jira for gathering/managing requirements
Primary objective and outcome they would want achieved through this effort will include the following:
- Developing Preventive and Proactive Controls for AWS
- Developing CI/CD Pipeline
- Developing baseline Service Catalog
40% of the time will be consumed with discussing strategy and direction and leading Cloud initiative with Leaders. High level summary of initiative below…
Moving the clients online banking platform to AWS (they have 1,200 EC2 instances with AWS)
Likely will leverage AWS Config, Service Catalog
They will want guidance from our Lead Architect for assessment/selection of best tools, everything is on the table (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
They use Bamboo for many projects (they have run into some challenges so will want to consider some of AWS’ deployment tools as options)
They have containers into production now (will want our Lead’s help with defining the standards)
A lot of Python, a lot of bash scripting (equal part python and bash) On the server side they use PowerShell