The role is responsible for implementing and improving a framework that solves for delivery of high-quality, high-reliability by product development organizations.
- Execution on all release engineering aspects of DevOps including Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Management, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Exercises judgment within best business operations practices to design, implement, and support operational standards, processes and capabilities for individual software products and services.
- Works closely with development and test teams to understand requirements and applies industry knowledge to recommend build/buy solutions.
- Partners with infrastructure teams to leverage existing solutions
- Encourages value-driven innovation to current framework and processes to continuously improve efficiency of product development processes.
- Operates from a mindset of end-to-end ownership working closely with Technology teams and Production Operations staff.
- Partners with Development teams to prepare for timely and smooth acceptance of deliverables into production environment
- Has a customer-driven mindset and insatiable appetite for engineering excellence
The candidate is expected to have and display proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development or Operations, with 5+ years in DevOps and/or AppOps
- Preferred: Python, Scala
- Web Development: HTML5, AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap
- Mobile Development: Apple iOS, Android
- Databases: Oracle, DB2, UDB, MySql
- Preferred: NoSql DB, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Preferred Full Stack: LAMP, MEAN, SMACK
- Bonus: Elastic Beanstalk, Customized dev stack scripts
- Containers: Docker
- Preferred: Container orchestration - Mesosphere, Kubernetes, ECS
- Compute: Docker Apps, Lambda [serverless], UserData customization
- Cloud automation: Ansible/Chef/Puppet, YAML, CloudFormation, Cloudbolt
- Hands-on working experience of DevOps tools (GIT, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube ), Websphere
- Amazon AWS experience - in AWS Compute, Storage, Network, Developer, and Management Tools.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills and knowledge of systems management concepts, processes and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with other organizations across the business while managing customer expectations.
- Experience with Application Monitoring tools (CA APM, NewRelic, DynaTrace, AppDynamics, Splunk) a plus.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring software operations engineers and resources for technical and professional growth a plus
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux OS/ shell scripting
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Distributed architecture solutions