Job Title: Senior Fullstack Java Developer
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
This individual will serve as a Sr Software engineer on a specific scrum team.This person will be responsible for taking direction from the Lead Engineer on all design and development related tasks.This will include possibly participating in design sessions and for sure include extensive hands on coding work with the full stack core Java suite and AWS. Will be responsible for providing daily updates in Scrum stand ups.
- 8+ years of software development experience including designing, developing and deploying software components at scale using core Java on a Linux/Unix platform.
- Good understanding and experience in application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven.
- Required core Java (mostly doing backend work), Micro services, Multi threading, NoSQL (Cassandra, Mongo)
- Experience building API’s
- Experience in developing and deploying software to public cloud (AWS or Azure or Google Cloud) using CI/CD practices.
- AWS development experience including AWS streaming, Spark streaming and/or Apache Flink
- Knowledge of AWS Kinesis firehose, Kinesis Data streams, Kinesis Data analytics, S3, SNS, EC2, ECS/EKS, Cloudwatch, Lambda, API Gateway and Elasticache.
- Experience in developing software using relational and Nosql databases similar to AWS RDS and Dynamodb.
- Rules engine experience including integrating into rules engines and accessing data stores.