Top Three Skills:
1. 70% Hands on Java Development vs. 30% Design/Model
2. Microservice architecture - Using Spring Boot, JAX-RS / Jersey, NoSQL
3. Enterprise domain modeling & design - UML modeling tools for software design - ie. Sparx, Erwin Rational Rose
Nice to have - reservation system, global distribution system or open travel alliance (OTA), Travel, Hospitality, Banking/Financial Industry
This individual will be a part of a team focused on driving the future of internal applications. Candidate will be responsible for architecture, design and implemented variety of software systems.
This candidate must possess extensive knowledge of systems and service based architecture to 1. Replace all systems and integrate to unified platform 2. Move everything to the Cloud.
• Participate in high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems and platforms.
• Analyze and understand business requirements and coordinate with team for all project deliveries
• Transform requirements from high level design and model for business users to understand
• Model how business function should look like: define, design objects, entities, interactions, etc.
• How system interacts and design with UML to capture requirements
• Provides consultation on complex projects.
• Develop systems including coding, testing, and debugging.
• Provide daily production support and problem resolution for assigned applications.
• Produce timely status reports and projections.
• Assist in the creation of time lines of projects.
• Develop Documentation, including Design Specifications and Technical Specifications, Test Plans (Detailed and High Level).
• Interface with business/program areas and collaborates with customers to define business solutions.
• Ability to maintain and evolve internally and externally created software components.
• Code Reviews