Title: Oracle DBA - Exadata
Location: Kansas City, MO
Contract : 6+months
Visa: Any Visa
Employment Type: C2C, W2
Oracle Exadata experience | Strong Experience with Exadata Administration
Provides and applies technical strategies in the designing, implementing, administering, maintaining and performance tuning database systems and related technologies.
Provides technical consultation for enterprise and application project teams. Participate with members to identify and clarify strategy, address gaps, define and execute related policy/procedures and pursue improvement opportunities.
This position is expected to work independently with minimal guidance and assistance with the technology supported.
• Day to day support and maintenance of assigned databases, including:
• Ensuring recoverability via backups or other solutions
• Ensuring high availability for business users
• Maintaining a strong security profile with patching, updates and audit logs
• Administering and documenting user accounts and maintaining authentication controls
• Monitoring capacity and growth and licenses
• Day to day customer service for assigned databases, including:
• Assisting users and resolving problems
• Proactively reviewing and researching for problems
• Assisting application teams in resolving performance problems
• Support of projects, including:
• Routine support tasks as assigned
• Design assistance and consulting including identification and documentation of design concerns related to performance, security, auditability, availability and recoverability
• Management of test and other non-production databases for the projects
• Performance, capacity, recovery and other testing
• Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to database development and administration.
• Working knowledge of multiple database applications, programming languages and/or system environments.
• Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Establishes cooperative relationships with departments.
• Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership role for the project.
• Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
• Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
Education/Experience Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of database administration experience OR 6 years of database administration experience
Looking for an Exadata specialist.
Database performance tuning | Ability to proactively guide, engage and assist in database and environment performance tuning and effective communication/collaboration skills | 5 | 6-8 Years | Yes
Oracle Exadata experience | Strong Experience with Exadata Administration | 5 | 6-8 Years | Yes
Experience with Oracle 12c | Strong Experience with oracle 12c Administration