Java/Layer 7 Developer
Top Three Skills:
1. Experience developing with CA Layer 7 API Gateway
2. Java and Web services development (SOAP/REST) within a large, enterprise environment
3. Strong knowledge of XSLT transformation and development
Job Description: | | Job Summary
CA API Gateway (Layer 7) Developer is responsible for the technical implementation of business solutions. Working alongside Solution Architects and Lead Developers, this position understands how to best utilize the tools within the CA API Gateway infrastructure to ensure, high performing, high quality, high available systems. In addition to the technical aspects, this opportunity requires the ability to simplify complexity in both written and verbal forms, the ability to deliver in Agile methodologies and effectively estimate level of effort for deliverables. This role will utilize previous experience to enhance API solutions and the utilization of CA API Gateway within the environment. In addition, this opportunity requires experience and a point of view to help enhance SOA, BPM, CEP, Micro Services and ESB frameworks.
• Performs design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of CA Layer 7 API Gateway services.
• Composes, orchestrates and publishes APIs;
• Develop using a standard framework and best practices including Global Policy Fragments and Encapsulated Assertions
• Generates interactive API documentation from industry-standard WADL files.
• Tests API functionality through an integrated API Explorer.
• Builds API’s - SOAP or REST and using XML or JSON; Creates security policies, exposing RESTful and SOAP web services
• Secures data channels using various mechanisms (basic authentication, OAuth 2.0, etc.)
• Develops the unit test processes and tests the interface and participates in integration testing.
• Provide application support during testing phases & production
Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of
post-secondary education and work experience
Overall 5+ years IT experience including at minimum 3+ years’ experience with API Gateways
• Minimum 3 years programming with CA Layer 7 API Gateway.
• Minimum 3 years programming with Java, J2EE, XML, Web Services (Soap/Rest)
• Strong understanding of XSLT transformation and development
• Experience with Spring Boot a plus
• Experience in developing large scale enterprise application integrations.
• Experience developing with Agile or Kanban methodologies
• Experience in integration patterns, messaging, framework design including security
• Experience exposing API in a distributed applications environment
• Experience in working in a Public/Private Cloud based environment
• Experience exposing and accessing both internal and external (vendor/partner) API