Top Three Skills:
1. 5+ yrs AWS
2. Automation- scripting, Linux, Docker, Chef
3. Creating Data pipelines- EMR
Our partner in Plano is seeking a cloud engineer to join a team of 6 to assist them with the cloud operational components of a financial modernization effort. The client is moving large data sets to Hadoop in AWS. Responsibilities will include traditional automation/deployment efforts as well as supporting data pipeline creation.
• AWS Certification - AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator or DevOps Engineer • Associate cert is necessary but work experience can suffice for Architect Cert.
• Professional Level Competency with the following AWS services: EMR, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, Route53, ELB, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, ECS,ECR,Kinesis - Primary services used/needed are AMR, Lambda, data pipeline, Kinesis
• Experience in managing Linux and/or systems with configuration management, such as Ansible or Puppet or Chef.
• Strong programming experience in one or more scripting Language – Java script, Python, Shell
• Strong programming experience in one or more Language – Java , Scala
• Experience working on containers like docker