We're looking to expand our anti-cheat team within the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our anti-cheat development team you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of server and client side systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with game developers and security engineers to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games.
- Five or more years of experience with:
- C#/Java in game security environment, and in-depth knowledge of Windows and MacOS (Mono) platforms.
- Windows process management, dynamic link libraries, memory management.
- Using networking technologies in large-scale systems or gaming platforms.
- Taking a computer software product or video game from conception and development through publication and product shipment.
- Strong analysis, debugging, and reverse engineering skills.
- Ability to analyze cheating software that changes the behavior of games.
- Deep technical understanding of methods used to attack or exploit networked systems
- Technical understanding of the structure and technology stacks of online game service backends.
- Passionate about games and gaming culture.
- Researching, designing, and developing specialized software systems and applications for detection of cheating software or behavior.
- Formulating system-testing procedures to ensure the quality and consistency of software systems developed.
- Managing, designing, and developing specialized distributed applications operating on large clusters of machines
- Working with dev team to audit game code and ensure that best practices are being followed with respect to what state the game client is authoritative over and what state the server provides the client at any given time
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely - work whenever you want.