We're looking to appoint a number of creative staff to join the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our world team you will be responsible for helping with the creation of greymaps, concepting levels with the art team, gathering requirements from designers and developers, as well as the timely delivery of the content. You will also be charged with learning all attributes of the game’s world generation technology.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in block game map creation including standard tools and processes surrounding this space.
- Experience with scripting languages and a sound technical background.
- Able to conceptualize map layouts via sketches and other diagrammatic practices.
- Able to prototype (greymap) map designs based on specifications provided from tech steering and minigame designers.
- Able to work with the art team to deliver the core aesthetic.
- Able to quickly iterate through base map ideas with a view to the realisation of the game loop.
- A firm grasp of level design fundamentals.
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Asset integration experience.
- Experience within the field of minigames.
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
- The ability to work your own hours.