We're looking to appoint a number of creative staff to join the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our animation team you will be responsible for the creation, integration and delivery of animation sets for all items, environments and characters using a bespoke toolset as well as the production of other content such as animated shorts and other machinima. We expect a certain degree of nuance and ‘feel’ that sits with our own unique style that you should be able to adapt to.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with character and world animation.
- Ability to work with artists and designers to bring characters and settings to life within the game.
- Experience learning new 3D animation tools (with bone based/texture based animation.)
- Integration experience.
- Ability to learn new animation styles to fit with the core product.
- A firm grip of narrative expression through animation.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passionate about games and gaming culture.
- Asset integration experience.
- Special effects experience.
- Experience with block-style animation.
- Machinima experience.
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
- The ability to work your own hours.