We're looking to appoint a number of creative staff to join the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our game design team you will be responsible for the creation of new minigames for delivery on our platform. To that end, you will be responsible for pitching new ideas, documenting game mechanics, assuring delivery of the game by liaising with developers and art as well as steering level designers in the creation of prototype maps to prove the mechanics of each game. You are also expected to come forward with improvements to existing games and maintain them in a live service environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing minigames.
- Designed and oversaw development of at least one title and/or maintained a title for 1 year on a live service.
- Having worked with developers and artists to design and develop interactive game experiences that maintains quality and vision of the core product.
- Ability to oversee balancing and new additions to existing games.
- Able to create pitch documents for new minigames.
- Developing and maintaining design documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passionate about games and gaming culture.
- Proven experience in the block game genre.
- QA experience.
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
- The ability to work your own hours.