We're looking to appoint a number of operational staff to support the growth of our HQ in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland. This new office will work alongside the main Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As the new QA Lead you will be responsible for guiding the team towards shipping our products with maximum quality and stability while minimizing bugs and other issues. You will also develop, deliver and maintain all testing methodologies and manual and automated testing. You shall provide guidance and mentorship to your team. Working with all production leads you shall provide testing metrics and ensure that each production team is well catered to and that testing bandwidth is at all times maintained. We also expect you to help develop the talents of your team by providing an environment where they can learn and have training provided.
- The creation, delivery and maintenance of testing methodologies across multiple projects and teams.
- The management of the QA Team with a view to mentorship, improvement and training.
- Creation and delivery of test cases to the QA team with reporting to production leads.
- Creating an environment where testing takes its place at the centre of the development cycle.
- Coordinating test mandates with in house test teams and remote developers.
- Review testing bandwidth with a view to managing the testing team’s size and scope with a view to recruitment.
- Assess and vet any and all applications for QA roles and liaise with recruitment on job postings and the needs of the team as a whole.
While these qualities outline the kind of applicant we're looking for, they aren't strict requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years experience managing a QA team on 2 or more shipped titles.
- An understanding of the importance and the maintenance of all forms of testing within the development cycle of games.
- Automation testing setup and execution
- Creating and maintaining manual test cases and plans.
- Ability to quickly and effectively write up test cases and relay the structured delivery of the same to your team from given specifications or verbal communications.
- Highly skilled at developing test suites, cases, estimations, and report on durations.
- Very versatile and adapt easily to new challenges and changing timelines.
- A strong attachment to games,internet and fandom culture. This is central to who we are.
- High level of self-motivation and good attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of bug tracking and production management tools.
- Experience with the following but not limited to:
- GSuite tools (EG, Google Docs / Calendar etc.)
Please note that due to circumstances interviews will be conducted over the phone or via online conferencing services.