We're looking to appoint a number of operational staff to support the growth of our HQ in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland. This new office will work alongside the main Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As our new Backoffice Systems Administrator you will be responsible for ordering, installing and managing all office IT hardware and software. You will also maintain all existing software licenses as well as onboarding new users onto the systems that we use on a daily basis. To this end, you must also coordinate your efforts with our remote team workers and make sure you are available to them at all times.
- Sourcing, pricing and ordering all hardware and software for the office but also for remote workers while adhering to specifications for specific development roles.
- Maintaining all IT hardware and software on site
- Onboarding / offboarding all staff users with the systems we use on a daily basis in the pursuit of our work.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Company wide account management for multiple SaaS products and software
While these qualities outline the kind of applicant we're looking for, they aren't strict requirements.
- Experience managing Windows Active Directory
- An understanding of gaming-grade computer hardware, as well as experience building PCs yourself.
- Experience with inventory tracking systems.
- A sharp focus for problem solving and attention to detail.
- Versatile and can adapt easily to new challenges and changing timelines.
- A strong attachment to games, internet and fandom culture. This is central to who we are.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work with remote users.
- Experience managing the following tools:
- GSuite (EG, Google Docs / Calendar etc.)
- Windows licensing
Please note that due to circumstances interviews will be conducted over the phone or via online conferencing services.