We're looking to appoint a number of operational staff to support the growth of our HQ in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland. This new office will work alongside the main Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As the new Financial Manager you will be charged with maintaining back office operations as well as all financial reporting and budgeting. This person will be working closely with the Operations Team but will also be responsible for certain external considerations and organizations.
- Managing back office services including:
- Local and remote payroll.
- Cash flow.
- Cost analysis.
- Financial reporting to the parent company.
- Managing and coordinating reports/budgeting.
- Working with external entities with a view to tax relief, grants and other opportunities.
- Working with external contractors and associated entities with a view to cash flow and reporting.
While these qualities outline the kind of applicant we're looking for, they aren't strict requirements.
- 3+ years experience of back office management.
- Experience working with external organizations.
- Experience with financial office management.
- Experience with tax relief schemes and grants in Northern Ireland, the UK and Euro Zone.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High aptitude with digital technology and applications.
- Able to pick up new technology and processes quickly, in a self-sufficient manner.
- A strong attachment to games,internet and fandom culture. This is central to who we are.
- Trustworthy, empathetic, tenacious, and self-motivated.
- Experience with the following but not limited to:
- GSuite tools (EG, Google Docs / Calendar etc.)
Please note that due to circumstances interviews will be conducted over the phone or via online conferencing services.