We're looking to expand our Minigames team within the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our development team you will be responsible for the implementation and support of gameplay features and minigames from the ground up. You will also be able to help design and balance minigames and work together with our art and animation teams to deliver high quality content with a relatively quick turnover.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with server/backend software or game development.
- Java programming experience, including the ability to understand and analyze scalability, memory and performance requirements.
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a system/game from the beginning all the way to production.
- Basic understanding of game design principles.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers.
- Experience building and supporting highly-scalable live online systems.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities in code and through system design.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization using profilers like YourKit
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passionate about games and gaming culture.
- Experience in relevant technologies such as Kubernetes, Cassandra, Docker, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with application and network protocols as well as relevant libraries such as Netty.
- Experience with C#.
- Game design experience.
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
- The ability to work your own hours.