Hydrow is looking for a SDET to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and to improve the quality of Hydrow products. You will be responsible for designing and implementing development and test infrastructure. You will be part of an Engineering team that is working on problems in a number of areas, including mobile products, AWS APIs, SQL and NOSQL databases, Rowbots, live broadcast from the water, and on demand video. Our stack includes React Native/Jest, Kotlin/Jtest, Swift, and Python/pytest. Your focus is developing code rather than fixing or finding bugs. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
You will collaborate with developers who will also be writing unit and integration tests. You will lead our performance testing efforts. You may work with our Rowbot, which is an invaluable tool that provides known force and stroke rates as it rows our Hydrow rowing machine. You will also curate our collection of workout recordings, which we can playback to verify results. You will also be involved in writing monitors to validate our production databases. Some manual testing will be required, though we will try to minimize it.
- You are a senior SDET/QA automator with 3+ years of automation experience.
- You have 1+ years of experience writing tests for Android and/or IOS apps.
- You have some experience hacking JS/JS frameworks and Java (or Kotlin).
- You are comfortable with SQL and relational databases.
- You are an evangelist for quality, process improvement, and change.
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft.
- You smile and talk softly while passionately wielding a big stick in defense of a great app.
- You get stuff done.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Experience and/or an interest in a QA leadership role.
- Experience with Kotlin, Swift, and/or React Native (or ReactJS)
- Release/build experience.
- The ability and desire to jump in and learn quickly, even without prior experience with a specific technology
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently received $20 million+ Growth investment lead by L Catteron’s Growth Fund to enable Hydrow to bring the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower to consumers across the country and sold more than $1 million in pre-ordered Hydrows. Hydrow will start customer deliveries beginning in May 2019.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.