Hydrow is looking for a Full-time Athlete to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live, on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than cycling. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology delivers challenging workouts from gorgeous locations around the world, simultaneously connecting users with an entire community of fellow rowers.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
The Instructor is responsible for communicating the values and identity of Hydrow to the public at large, and to foster long term daily engagement with the Hydrow Live Outdoor Rowing (LOR) rower and the workouts that the whole team delivers live and on-demand. The primary role of the Instructor is to create compelling live and recorded workouts that inspire people to be healthy and engage daily with Hydrow. The Instructor needs to have a high level of authenticity and enthusiasm. Dedication to the team and the success of all rowers and instructors, and a desire to make rowing genuinely interesting and exciting to others are key attributes. The Instructor is responsible for the music, language and choreography of each workout and will work closely with the production team to create workouts that meet the goals and requirements of Hydrow. Whenever possible workouts will be filmed and broadcast live from the water. Workouts may also be broadcast from other locations, including studios, as required. The Instructor is also responsible for connecting with potential and current subscribers via social media channels and other channels as agreed to and share their knowledge of Hydrow’s mission, including our dedication to safe water, with everyone.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Prepare for and teach compelling workouts as assigned; Minimum of 4 and up to 8 classes weekly. Target is 5 classes per week but recognizing the nature of a start-up requires flexibility on the number of weekly sessions taught.
- Create workouts that are transformational experiences for rowers through use of music, language, theme, motivational techniques, and psychological research
- Include essential elements for all Hydrow workouts including expectations of teaching concepts and personal grooming
- Prepare hair and makeup for each workout
- Complete workout documentation in a timely fashion including film logs and playlists
- Play an integral role in the recruitment and support of other instructors by contributing to an inviting team-based environment throughout the entire film team
- Collaborate with Senior Instructor, Chief Experience Officer and production team to establish and meet regular production schedule goals for quality and quantity of workouts
- Review feedback and workout metrics weekly on personal performance
- Engage in regular content review sessions of Hydrow workouts and competitors
- Use market research to inform accelerated development of workout structure
- Participate in Hydrow workouts and competitor workouts to continually learn
- Engage Hydrow rowers on social media channels on a daily basis including recognition for performance, milestone achievements, coaching tips, etc.
- Maintain consistent company messaging on all social media postings
- Promote Hydrow through media placement, marketing and other events
- Daily care of equipment, including careful storage of boat and other equipment as necessary
- Able to drive safety/filming boat
- Travel to advance Hydrow brand as assigned
- Other Hydrow initiatives as assigned
- Ability to share and inspire others to love rowing.
- Knowledge of instructional formats for classes.
- Good understanding of physical movement and fitness.
- Ability to scull and sweep with proficiency.
- Competency with current media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Flexibility with schedule and travel.
- Awareness of safe water initiatives and Hydrow partnerships.
REPORTS TO: Athlete Manager
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February 2019 by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $52M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth and focus on growing its content expansion and marketing outreach to share the Hydrow experience with hundreds of thousands of new customers.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity. Athletes will also receive:
- Full-time access to HUDSON training single and oars outside of Hydrow filming hours
- Support with training program for the World Championships and Olympics / Paralympics
- Quarterly clothing ($400) and makeup ($100) budget for new attire / supplies