Hydrow is looking for Part-Time On the Mat (OTM) Athletes to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live, on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than cycling. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology delivers challenging workouts from gorgeous locations around the world, simultaneously connecting users with an entire community of fellow rowers. Hydrow compliments these on-water workouts with a compelling variety of OTM workouts: Yoga, Pilates, Functional Movement and Strength, making it the most complete home exercise experience available on the market.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
OTM Athletes are responsible for communicating the values and identity of Hydrow to the public at large, while fostering long-term daily engagement with Hydrow. Workouts are delivered by the production team both live and on-demand.
The primary role of the Athlete is to create compelling live and recorded workouts that inspire people to be healthy and engaged. Athletes need to have a high level of authenticity and enthusiasm; dedication to the success of all Hydrow teams; and a desire to make rowing and exercise genuinely interesting and exciting to others. Athletes are responsible for the structure, music, language and choreography of each workout, and will work closely with a large support team to create experiences that meet Hydrow standards. Whenever possible, workouts will be filmed and broadcast live from the studio and various outdoor locations. Athletes are also responsible for connecting with potential and current subscribers via social media, and other channels to share their knowledge of Hydrow’s mission widely.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Designing and delivering workouts that are transformational experiences for Hydrow members through use of music, language, theme, motivational techniques, and psychological research
- Responsiveness to feedback and the ability to quickly adapt are critical to performance
- Include essential elements for all Hydrow workouts including teaching concepts and personal grooming
- Prepare hair, makeup and music playlist for each workout
- Complete workout documentation in a timely fashion including film logs and playlists
- Collaborating with Chief Experience Officer and entire content production team to establish and meet regular production schedule goals for quality and quantity of workouts
- Review feedback and workout metrics weekly on personal performance
- Engage in regular content review sessions of Hydrow workouts and competitors
- Playing an integral role in the recruitment and support of other team members by contributing to an inviting team-based environment
- Promoting Hydrow through media placement, marketing and other events
- Maintain consistent company messaging on all social media postings and media appearances
- Engage with Hydrow members on social media channels including recognition for performance, milestone achievements, coaching tips, etc.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Ability to share and inspire others
- Strong planning and execution skills in pressurized situations with finite deadlines.
- Knowledge of instructional formats for classes and the wider sports industry.
- Good understanding of physical movement and fitness.
- Competency with current media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Flexibility with schedule and travel.
REPORTS TO: Chief Experience Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February 2019 by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $52M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth and focus on growing its content expansion and marketing outreach to share the Hydrow experience with hundreds of thousands of new customers.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.