Hydrow is looking for a Director of Product Management to join our team!
Hydrow is the live outdoor reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
Hydrow is hiring a Director of Product Management to manage our flagship brand, Hydrow the Live Outdoor Reality Rower (LOR)™. The Director of Product Management (DPM) reports to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), and requires that you work closely with the entire executive leadership team to define the product strategy and manage execution. The DPM will lead cross-functional teams to integrate hardware development, software development and content to create the best user experience in the world. Our DPM will be at the center of the action, playing a key role in creating memorable, positive experiences throughout the entire customer journey. Our team isn't huge, but we're highly collaborative and effective when it comes to driving results. We move fast and win together, not alone. You'll obsess over our customers and have a voracious desire to improve their experience. You'll balance the business's short term needs while innovating towards the ideal future experience.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Help define product strategy based on customer and market requirements.
- Translate the strategy into execution through planning and product roadmaps.
- Build a product team capable of delivering detailed product requirements (stories) for engineering.
- Interact with Engineering and Production teams to understand what is possible from a technical and cost perspective.
- Work on all aspects of our machine current and future, including industrial design, user experience, hardware and software.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the industry, customers, technology and trends, and apply these learnings to your decision each and every day.
- Synthesize and present information to cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years product management experience shipping innovative consumer-facing hardware and software products with great design sensibility.
- 2+ years of experience managing product teams that require strong cross-functional collaborations.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- A proven track record of building exceptional consumer-facing products. You can point to consumer products you've built that will impress.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Passion for products, specifically in the Consumer Products or Fitness markets.
- Proven track record of taking products from the conceptual stage to mass production.
- Strong understanding of agile methodology, user experience, and industrial design. while working in a lean startup mode.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Experience working with both internal and remote engineering teams.
- Experience in leadership roles where you've helped set the product vision and steered a team towards achieving this goal.
- Strong quantitative understanding to support data-informed decision making.
- Experience working with consumer research and applying insights to product decisions.
- Ability to grasp high-level technical concepts and work closely with engineers.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and can simultaneously juggle multiple projects with breadth and depth of knowledge while working in a lean startup mode.
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently received $20 million+ Growth investment lead by L Catteron’s Growth Fund to enable Hydrow to bring the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower to consumers across the country and sold more than $1 million in pre-ordered Hydrows. Hydrow will start customer deliveries beginning in May 2019.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.