Hydrow is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an exceptional UX/UI designer to join us at Hydrow. We have high aspirations for the beauty and usability of our rowing apps to complement the beauty of our physical machine. We are looking for a designer to drive the design process to craft the best possible user experience for our rowers. You will collaborate with our small Hydrow team as well as external team members.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Creating user-centric designs by considering customer feedback and usability findings
- Creating sketches, wireframes, site maps, and clickable prototypes in order to make your ideas a reality
- Exercising creativity while following branding requirements and guidelines
- Conducting user tests, analyzing results, and recommending an addictive UX design
- Helping construct a workout experience that brings rowers back day after day
- Constantly iterating and stretching to make a better product, even if it means pivoting away from an idea that you love
- Experience creating wireframing and prototyping tools, such as Balsamiq, InVision, Axure, Framer, etc.
- Expert level experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Desire to lead the design and usability of both embedded and mobile apps for Hydrow
- Knowledge of best practices for user-centered design process, interaction design, as well as user experience principles and techniques
- Experience conducting user research sessions such as user interviews, a/b testing, user testing and other qualitative practices
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Experience designing software for a consumer audience
- Experience with or background in visual design
- Knowledge of mobile (React Native...) development and web-based (HTML5/JS/CSS...) UI development technologies
- Experience designing responsive mobile and/or web apps
- Experience with Zeplin and InVision
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or a related area
- We also value the ability and desire to jump in and learn quickly, even without prior experience with a specific technology or design process.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Management
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth as it begins shipping nationwide May 2019, starting with nearly 1,000 early backers who purchased Hydrows through Indiegogo this past fall.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Hydrow is well funded and offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early-stage equity.