Hydrow is looking for a Customer Support Agent (Technical) to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
Hydrow is looking for self-motivated Customer Support Reps who are passionate about helping others to join our Hydrow Customer Care team in our Cambridge, MA office. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new company and help build the best possible support experience while maintaining the excellence our customers have come to expect. If you care about helping others, are patient, know your way around a computer, and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, we want to hear from you!
We put customers front and center! We don’t just want to make customers happy. We want to surprise them with acts of kindness and understanding. At Hydrow, we subscribe to the fundamental notion that our customers deserve the best, and that is our measuring stick. We empower our Hydrow Support members to take care of our customers. There are no scripts or call-time restrictions. We believe our employees do their best work when they are able to be themselves, have fun, and most importantly, help others.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Answer customer inquiries through email, chat, on the phone, and through social media
- Troubleshoot technical issues, including software, hardware, and network connectivity concerns
- Take ownership of customer inquiries and act as a liaison between the customer and engineering teams
- Help customers manage their orders and deliveries
- Identify opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Educate potential customers about Hydrow and the Live Outdoor Reality experience
- Author Knowledge Base articles for customers and other support representatives
- College degree and/or 2+ years of customer support experience, preferably in consumer electronics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Capable of solving complex, technical tasks in creative and effective ways
- Aptitude for building effective, positive relationships with customers of all ability levels
- Experience with Zendesk, Hubspot, Salesforce, or similar CRM or support ticketing systems
- Self-starter with an exceptional ability to identify knowledge gaps and work to learn what you don’t already know
- A love for fitness and health
- Have a passion for helping people
- Success working in a fast paced environment
- Experience in troubleshooting wireless communications, including home network and WLAN troubleshooting a plus.
REPORTS TO: Customer or Technical Support Manager
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. We have delivered Hydrows to thousands of customers from our Indiegogo campaign and direct sales and getting ready for a great holiday season!
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.