Hydrow is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
As a part of the Quality and Production team, you will be an integral part of Hydrow’s successful launch by ensuring that our quality, service and support processes exceed customer expectations. You will become well versed in the inner working of Hydrow and will lead troubleshooting efforts as issues arise. You will lead the field service process with external partners. You will work with a cross-functional team to root cause issues, develop sustainable solutions and implement timely fixes.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Developing and maintaining troubleshooting and repair instructions for the field service network.
- Training the Customer Support team and third-party partners on troubleshooting and repair procedures.
- Leading a cross-functional team in identifying the root cause of complex issues then developing and implementing robust corrective actions.
- Maintaining the spare parts network.
- Being the primary technical resource for the Customer Support team as they troubleshoot customer issues.
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting on metrics to track field performance.
- Traveling periodically to domestic partners and manufacturing locations in Asia as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 3-5 years experience in electro-mechanical systems with software components in a quality or product development capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems.
- Desire to build out robust and sustainable processes at a rapidly growing startup.
- Hands-on, internally driven, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment.
- Willingness to jump in and help out where needed, even in areas that are outside the job description.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, documentation, and process skills.
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently received $20 million+ Growth investment lead by L Catteron’s Growth Fund to enable Hydrow to bring the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower to consumers across the country and sold more than $1 million in pre-ordered Hydrows. Hydrow will start customer deliveries beginning in May 2019.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.