Hydrow is looking for a Field Service Technician to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
Hydrow is looking for a field service technician to be the face of Hydrow as you travel the country to repair state-of-the-art rowing machines in our customers’ homes. In this exciting role an outgoing personality and customer support skills are a must since you will be working with customers daily. As a part of this new team you will help to define the processes and will work closely with engineering to develop the troubleshooting procedures.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Traveling to customers’ homes as well as commercial installations to troubleshoot and repair Hydrow rowers.
- Identifying issues with the feel, function, and appearance of the Hydrow rowers.
- Documenting issues and resolutions through written reports and pictures.
- Communicating closely with the Quality, Customer Support, and Engineering teams to help improve the product and customer experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical systems.
- Field service experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, often on short notice.
- Fluent in English
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to lift 100 pounds on occasion and 50 pounds regularly
- Must pass background check
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Interest in fitness and fitness equipment
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) products
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth as it begins shipping nationwide May 2019, starting with nearly 1,000 early backers who purchased Hydrows through Indiegogo this past fall.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.