Hydrow is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow,, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. And you will hang with 3 world record holders, their coaches, and filmmakers. Our weekly all hands Film Reviews over lunch on Fridays is not to be missed. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented engineers to focus on building great IOS apps using Swift. You may also contribute to our Android apps using Kotlin, and React Native. You may also hack our AWS infrastructure using Node, Python, API Gateway, Cognito, Aurora Postgres, and DynamoDB. You will collaborate with teams from across our small company including software and industrial designers, marketing, and world class coaches and rowers. You may work with our Rowbot, which is an invaluable tool that provides known force and stroke rates as it rows our Hydrow rowing machine. You will help shape our architecture and help define interfaces for our rowing machine and cloud infrastructure.
- You are a senior engineer with 4+ years of development experience.
- You have 1+ years of experience writing production-ready IOS and Swift.
- You are fluent in JS and JS frameworks.
- Experience with Android apps and React Native would be a plus.
- But we also value the ability and desire to jump in and learn quickly, even without prior experience with a specific technology.
- Advocate for agile process, github pull requests, code reviews, estimation, continuous delivery, and branching strategies.
- You are an evangelist for quality, process improvement, and change.
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft.
- You smile and talk softly while passionately wielding a big stick in defense of a great app.
- You are comfortable with SQL and relational databases.
- You get stuff done.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently received $20 million+ Growth investment lead by L Catteron’s Growth Fund to enable Hydrow to bring the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower to consumers across the country and sold more than $1 million in pre-ordered Hydrows. Hydrow will start customer deliveries beginning in May 2019.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.