Hydrow is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live, on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than cycling. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology delivers challenging workouts from gorgeous locations around the world, simultaneously connecting users with an entire community of fellow rowers.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented engineers to focus on building great Android apps using Kotlin and React Native. You may also contribute to our IOS apps using Swift. You may also hack our AWS infrastructure using Node, Python, API Gateway, Cognito, Aurora Postgres, and DynamoDB. You will collaborate with teams from across our small company including software and industrial designers, marketing, and world class coaches and rowers. You may work with our Rowbot, which is an invaluable tool that provides known force and stroke rates as it rows our Hydrow rowing machine. You will help shape our architecture and help define interfaces for our rowing machine and cloud infrastructure.
- You are a senior engineer with 4+ years of development experience.
- You have 1+ years of experience writing production-ready Android apps.
- You are fluent in JS and JS frameworks.
- You are down with working in Kotlin and React Native.
- Experience with IOS apps, Swift, and React Native would be a plus.
- But we also value the ability and desire to jump in and learn quickly, even without prior experience with a specific technology.
- Advocate for agile process, github pull requests, code reviews, estimation, continuous delivery, and branching strategies.
- You are an evangelist for quality, process improvement, and change.
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft.
- You smile and talk softly while passionately wielding a big stick in defense of a great app.
- You are comfortable with SQL and relational databases.
- You get stuff done.
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February 2019 by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $52M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth and focus on growing its content expansion and marketing outreach to share the Hydrow experience with hundreds of thousands of new customers.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.