Hydrow is looking for a Production Assistant to join our team to start August 1st, 2019!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
The Production Assistant (PA) is responsible for assisting in the production of creating compelling live workouts that inspire people to be healthy and engage with Hydrow.
The primary aim of the Hydrow PA is to inspire people everywhere to engage with Hydrow to accomplish our mission: increased health and meaningful community engagement with our rowers. Flexibility, dedication to the team and a desire to make rowing genuinely interesting and exciting to others is key. The PA position requires diligence and a self-starter mentality, with strong problem solving abilities and the capacity to perform well under tight deadlines.
Hydrow implements an Agile video production process to evaluate, iterate, and implement change on a rapid cycle basis, and the PA will play a key role in this process by assisting in process execution and improvements to ensure delivery of daily live classes. The PA’s enthusiasm for the mission of Hydrow is a critical component for the overall success of the company.
The Production Assistant will work closely with the entire film production team to foster an inspired team environment emphasizing collective success to create episodes that meet the goals and requirements of Hydrow. Episodes will be broadcast from Boston, Miami and other locations.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Collaborating closely with a team that includes multiple team members, including Producer, Director of Photography, Drivers, Gaffer, and any other talent required to complete the episodes of Hydrow
- Charging and testing all devices for daily readiness
- Preparation of equipment for daily episode filming:
- Building and waterproofing of camera trees
- Building and waterproofing of trainer bodypack transmitters
- Installation of trainer boat cameras
- Monitoring the live stream to ensure quality stream signal for each episode
- Assisting on filming boat as needed
- Ensuring that all Hydrow filming practices keep the team safe and secure at all times, and prevent both injury and minimize equipment breakage and loss
- Assisting in production of promotional and instructional videos periodically as agreed to with the team and coordinated with the regular production schedule
- Collaborating with entire team to ensure necessary filming equipment is in place for each episode including research, acquisition and maintenance
- Other tasks and duties as assigned and agreed to
- Excellent knowledge of the technical and logistical requirements for episodes of Hydrow, as well as a strong aesthetic awareness and ability to execute on aesthetic and technical goals
- Flexibility with schedule and travel
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis..
REPORTS TO: Director of Photography and Producer, Sound Video Processing Supervisor
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth as it begins shipping nationwide May 2019, starting with nearly 1,000 early backers who purchased Hydrows through Indiegogo this past fall.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity. offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity. The applicant will also receive:
- Support with training program for the World Championships and Olympics / Paralympics
- Access to HUDSON training single and oars outside of Hydrow filming hours