Polyglot Go Engineer
Human Agency is building a world where the most powerful tools of media and technology can and should be used to advance the values and goals of people. Digital advertising today is profit-centered, more complex than it needs to be, and is currently monopolised by those who have existing knowledge, tools and resources. We’re here to change that.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are looking for values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
About the Role
Human Agency Platform is a venture backed, software product that gives everyone an equal voice. We’re using digital ads to solve problems that have real impact on people’s lives and on society as a whole.
We are seeking a Polyglot Go Engineer to develop across multiple languages on our real time digital ads platform. This engineer will be working on the Google team to build out real time ad insights as well as integrating functionality of the Google Ads API. This engineer will need to pick up new languages quickly and have a solid background in designing and troubleshooting concurrent systems.
We love building software that changes the world and we would love for you to join us.
What a Polyglot Go Engineer does:
- Design highly concurrent systems:
- Design monitoring systems to track Google and Facebook ad performance data across millions of ads.
- Use Golang routines to asynchronously perform API calls and process data.
- Recognize, troubleshoot and prevent issues caused by concurrency.
- Provide constant vigilance of security vulnerabilities.
Ship new platform features:
- Develop RESTful and GraphQL API endpoints to provide new Google ad functionality to the Human Agency Platform.
- Integrate the Ruby Google Ads client library to create, change, and delete Google search ads.
- Onboard new team members on project architecture and best practices.
Champion Best Practices:
- Provide a framework of best practices, test strategies, and system libraries for working within Golang.
- Consistently leverage pair programming to ship features on our data monitoring systems.
- Onboard team members on the Golang architecture and best practices.
- Pair program on features in Ruby on Rails while championing TDD, VIM, and TMUX.
This could be the job for you if you:
- Have 2+ years of professional experience writing Go in a highly concurrent environment.
- Have 2+ years of processing big data in a production system.
- Have deep conviction in using TDD to write code.
- Have ability and eagerness to pick up Ruby, VIM, and TMUX.
- Have experience or desire to work in a Pair Programming environment.
- Have a thorough understanding of Rails exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Love to see positive change in the world.
- You call (or would like to call) Saint Louis your home.
You also may:
- Have experience writing Ruby or working within a Rails application.
- Have experience working with the Facebook Marketing API or the Google Ads API.
- Love to travel and experience new places and cultures (Travel opportunities and adventures are available, but not required).