Human Agency is building a world where the most powerful tools of media and technology can and should be used to advance the values and goals of people. Digital advertising today is profit-centered, more complex than it needs to be, and is currently monopolized by those who have existing knowledge, tools and resources. We’re here to change that.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are looking for values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
About the Role
Human Agency builds and supports the movements of campaigns, businesses, and activists by offering strategy consulting, creative development, and digital technology solutions.
We are seeking seeking a strong Communications Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has previous experience managing social media accounts and copywriting for a diverse set of organizations or causes. A top candidate is able to bring a strategic approach to communicating to diverse audiences with approachable messages.
What the Communications Manager does:
- Social Media Management: Expand Human Agency and client account followers while building a clear and consistent voice across social media platforms.
- Regularly post relevant content across accounts maintaining a consistent voice to reach client and Agency goals, working with creative team to implement strong visual and written voices.
- Manage all elements of social media across clients including building social following, responding to direct messages, and engaging in discourse on client’s work as needed.
- Utilize social listening platforms to monitor engagement and continuously improve social presence.
- Email Campaign Management: Write and build email campaigns for client newsletters to fundraising campaigns, working with our creative team to make emails that engage and compel audiences to take action.
- Copywriting: Develop written materials for Human Agency and clients from blogs, to website content, to print literature and video scripts for our creative team to produce.
This could be the job for you if you:
- Have 1-2 years of communications experience, preferably managing social media for diverse issues and organizations
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills and are not afraid to ask questions
- Are an excellent writer, clear and concise, and able to communicate complex problems to a wide range of audiences
- Are a team-player with high-energy and a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- Desire to learn, grow, and get in on the ground floor of a high-growth startup while launching your career
- Are able to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment - we give you something, you run with it
This is definitely the job for you if you:
- Have experience with social listening software, Google Suite, Adobe Suite
- Have experience writing for publications such as news sources, online blogs, or magazine content
- Are able to write in many voices from academic to witty and fun
Human Agency has team members in cities across the country including but not exclusive to New York City, Los Angeles, and St. Louis, MO. This position's location is flexible.