Human Agency is building a world where the most powerful tools of media and technology can and should be used to advance the values and goals of people. Digital advertising today is profit-centered, more complex than it needs to be, and is currently monopolized by those who have existing knowledge, tools and resources. We’re here to change that.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are looking for values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
About the Role
Human Agency builds and supports the movements of campaigns, businesses, and activists by offering strategy consulting, creative development, and digital technology solutions.
We are seeking a passionate, strategic, and clever Communications Lead to join our growing team. The ideal candidate can effectively translate the objectives of Human Agency and our clients into compelling messages across platforms including but not exclusive to email campaigns, organic social media, digital ads across platforms, and videography content.
What the Communications Lead does:
Strategy Development and Implementation: Lead development and implementation of communications strategy and messaging for clients and Human Agency.
- Work in partnership with clients to develop communication goals, strategy, and implementation plans.
- Develop messaging for a variety of clients, from concept through deployment.
- Ensure consistent implementation of communication strategy across platforms for client and agency brands.
- Develop and implement social media strategy for relevant clients.
- Work with design team to align visual, verbal, and written strategy.
Content Development and Writing: Create all written content, in partnership with account teams, for clients and Human Agency.
- Daily creation of engaging content for marketing campaigns across digital advertising platforms.
- Partner with design team to develop Squarespace websites that communicate clearly and engage audiences to take desired action.
- Email campaign development and management supporting fundraising and education efforts of clients and Human Agency.
- Develop advertising and content concepts to be implemented by account teams.
- Write print materials and work with design team as needed for Human Agency and our clients, such as brochures, flyers, posters, business cards, etc.
- Utilize strong communication skills to develop print materials that portray specific messages effectively.
This could be the job for you if you:
- Have 3-5 years of experience working in a professional communications and/or marketing environment.
- Have proven experience developing written identities for a variety of clients.
- Have proven experience creating a high volume of engaging content for social media.
- Are excellent at creating engaging messages and materials from brochures to billboards.
- Feel comfortable curating messages for all the platforms.
- Have proven experience developing copy for websites.
This is definitely the job for you if you:
- Have proven experience of making the world a better place through good content.
- Feel comfortable interacting with many types of people in many different roles (from colleagues to consultants, to clients) as needed.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once, often with tight turn arounds.
- Have the ability to self-critique and self-manage.
- Pay strong attention to detail and have a passion for organization and naming conventions.