The world is a noisy place. And the internet is even louder. Building movements requires more than money and good policy. Building movements requires capturing people’s imagination and interest. We provide services and technology to build movements.
Human Agency is a full-service digital agency and technology solutions company. We help campaigns, non-profit organizations, businesses of all sizes, and anyone with a message connect with the world.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
About the Role
Human Agency builds and supports the movements of campaigns, businesses, and activists by offering strategy consulting, creative development, and digital technology solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Creative Director to help us help us deliver work for clients which is bold, conceptual, and different. You will provide creative talent and strategies across mediums to take our campaigns and products to the next level. This role is ideal for a creative leader that thinks big-picture and dreams about how to build beautiful products and experiences, and to create things that get people engaged and talking.
What the Senior Creative Director does:
Brand & Content Development and Implementation: Lead development and implementation of branding assets for clients and Human Agency.
- Build and supervise a cross-functional team of designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of assets and deliverables.
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology.
- Create visual identities for a variety of clients, from concept through deployment.
- Create all necessary visual elements, style guides, and editable templates for new brands, including but not limited to: logos, web interfaces, print materials, packaging, lower thirds, subtitles, titles, animation styles, social templates.
- Ensure consistent implementation of branding across client and agency brands.
- Work with external consultants for brand and content development as needed.
Digital Media & Web Design:
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences.
- Coordinate freelance graphic design support as needed in the production content.
- Partner with account teams to develop and implement creative strategy for relevant clients.
- Develop visually stunning mobile and desktop web designs with excellent user experience for clients and for Human Agency.
- Help design software products from concept to release and manage iterative processes for efficient turnaround.
- Work with leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and product strategy.
- Solve problems through existing design patterns or facilitate problem solving through new patterns.
- Support the marketing and adoption of the product.
This could be the job for you if:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a professional design environment.
- Have proven experience creating visual identities for a variety of clients across sectors.
- Have proven experience creating engaging visual content for websites and social media.
- Feel comfortable designing in multiple formats and sizes for digital and non-digital platforms.
- Are fluent in most of the following: Adobe Creative Suite, Squarespace, Sketch, Figma, wireframing, and sharing software and tools.
- Your portfolio shows that you've worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and visual aesthetics.
- You have expertise in interactive design, information architecture, motion, or visual design.
- You champion user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- You are collaborative, passionate about design, and have positive/effective team building skills.
- You have a predilection for nurturing the design process rather than imposing a singular design aesthetic.
You also may:
- Have 3+ years of experience designing consumer products for mobile and web.
- Have an aptitude for growth and mentorship, and a willingness to teach and support other members of your team.
- Have experience with sales and/or business development.
Salary Floor: $70k+ depending on location + experience. Opportunities for equity in addition to cash compensation.
Apply at humanagency.org/apply